Tennille M is a teacher at the Michael Tippett School - a school for students with complex needs. She came to England from Australia and says "it's almost a rite of passage for us to come over and work and live in Britain... and that was what really motivated me, I wanted to travel and see the world. So I came over with a primary education degree, I came over to travel and to do supply teaching in primary schools".
Check out 15 videos about this career
DescriptionJob holders in this unit group perform a variety of other education and teaching occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 231: Teaching and Educational Professionals.
QualificationsEntry is possible with a variety of academic qualifications, professional qualifications and/or relevant experience.
- Designs and implements methods of assessing the performance of students, co-ordinates and undertakes the evaluation of assessments and awards grades of merit based upon performance;
- Co-ordinates the activities of private music and dancing schools, training centres and similar establishments;
- Provides private academic, vocational and other instruction to individuals or groups;
- Teaches English as a foreign language and assists in the tuition of foreign languages.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||8935|
|Sport & recreation||5290|
|Services to buildings||3221|
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Working lifestyle
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Personal influences
- Job location
- Enterprise types