Tennille M is a teacher at the Michael Tippett School - a school for students with complex needs. She came to England from Australia and says "it's almost a rite of passage for us to come over and work and live in Britain... and that was what really motivated me, I wanted to travel and see the world. So I came over with a primary education degree, I came over to travel and to do supply teaching in primary schools".
More information about Teaching and other educational professionals n.e.c.
Check out 15 videos about this career
DescriptionJob holders in this unit group perform a variety of other education and teaching occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 231: Teaching and Educational Professionals.
QualificationsEntry is possible with a variety of academic qualifications, professional qualifications and/or relevant experience.
- Designs and implements methods of assessing the performance of students, co-ordinates and undertakes the evaluation of assessments and awards grades of merit based upon performance;
- Co-ordinates the activities of private music and dancing schools, training centres and similar establishments;
- Provides private academic, vocational and other instruction to individuals or groups;
- Teaches English as a foreign language and assists in the tuition of foreign languages.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||8935|
|Sport & recreation||5290|
|Services to buildings||3221|
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Working lifestyle
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Personal influences
- Job location
- Enterprise types