Terry Shelvin is Clerk to the Equal Opportunities Committee of the Scottish Parliament. He does the job that supports all the Committee's activity. "I have worked in various parts of the parliament over the last eight or nine years: in Brussels; in the media office, worked in the research side of things, I've been all over the parliament." He has a degree in Politics and has been a radio journalist.
More information about Records clerks and assistants
Check out 4 videos about this career
DescriptionRecords clerks and assistants maintain and update electronic and/or hard copy documents, correspondence and other records, and organise their storage.
QualificationsThere are no minimum academic requirements, although entrants typically possess GCSEs/S grades or equivalent qualifications. Training is normally provided on-the-job. NVQs/SVQs in Administration at Levels 1 and 2 are available.
- Examines and sorts incoming material;
- Classifies, files, archives and locates documents and other records;
- Copies or duplicates documents or other records;
- Performs specialised clerical tasks in connection with conveyancing, litigation and the maintenance of medical records.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||6229|
|Legal & accounting||5282|
|Architectural & related||5181|
|Services to buildings||4248|
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Personal influences
- Job location
- Enterprise types