Tre A describes himself as a "marketing and brand consultant by trade, but I've also been a broadcaster and I like to think of myself as a bit of an entrepreneur." He has had two set backs. He thought of a career in basketball but he broke his back - he ran a company that made £2 million but went bankrupt. He remains resolute and confident - he knows he will be successful. He says "because I lost the pressure of money and I started doing the things I enjoyed".
More information about Marketing and sales directors
Check out 15 videos about this career
DescriptionMarketing and sales directors plan, organise and direct market research and formulate and implement an organisation’s marketing and sales policies.
QualificationsEntry is generally via career progression from related occupations (e.g. Marketing Manager, Sales Manager). Entrants to the professional qualifications of the Chartered Institute of Marketing require GCSEs/S grades, A levels/H grades, a BTEC/SQA award, a degree or equivalent qualification and/or relevant experience.
- Liaises with other senior staff to determine the range of goods or services to be sold;
- Discusses employer’s or clients’ requirements, plans and monitors surveys and analyses of customers’ reactions to products;
- Examines and analyses sales figures, advises on and monitors marketing campaigns and promotional activities;
- Controls the recruitment and training of staff;
- Produces and/or assesses reports and recommendations concerning marketing and sales strategies.
for this job
|Head offices, etc||18487|
|Computer programming, etc||18114|
|Legal & accounting||12276|