Vanessa works at The Science Museum, front of house, but her heart is in performing. From the age of 13 she has dreamt of becoming an actor and through hard work and study, gained her place at Wells Drama School. Having graduated she is now pursuing her dream one day at a time.
More information about Receptionists
Check out 8 videos about this career
DescriptionReceptionists receive and direct telephone calls and visitors to commercial, government and other establishments.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic entry requirements, although many employers expect entrants to possess GCSEs/S grades. There are a variety of relevant vocational qualifications available. NVQs/SVQs in Administration are available at Level 2 that encompass various aspects of reception work. Professional qualifications are also available.
- Receives callers and clients and directs them to the appropriate person or department;
- Records the details of enquiries and makes appointments and reservations;
- Answers, screens and forwards or otherwise deals with telephone enquiries;
- Supplies brochures, pamphlets and other information for clients;
- Records details of visitors, issues security passes and informs visitors of any actions to be taken in case of an emergency;
- Maintains reception area in good order.
for this job
|Food & beverage services||15052|
|Sport & recreation||13623|
|Head offices, etc||13133|
|Sale of motor vehicles||11518|
|Public admin. & defence||8877|
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Working lifestyle
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- Personal influences
- Job location
- Enterprise types