Yewandi Akinlade is front of house manager at Circomedia, a physical theatre, circus academy and event space. At university, Yewandi studied theatre which she describes as fantastic. In her first job she was challenged by a personality clash with her boss which she found difficult to know how to deal with. As a result she took a sideways move to Circomedia and has since been promoted.
More information about office managers
Check out 2 videos about this career
Office managers plan, organise and co-ordinate the activities and resources of offices within commercial, industrial and other non-governmental organisations and public agencies. (National and local government office managers are classified to unit group 3561: Public services associate professionals.)
Entry will usually require GCSEs/S grades but is possible with other academic qualifications and/or relevant experience. Professional qualifications are available in some areas of work.
- Plans work schedules, assigns tasks and delegates responsibilities
- Advises on the handling of all correspondence and enquiries relating to accounts, sales, statistical and vacancy records
- Ensures that procedures for considering, issuing, amending and endorsing insurance policies are adhered to
- Plans, organises and co-ordinates the activities and resources of other offices not elsewhere classified including box offices, other ticket offices and accommodation bureaux.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||18,776|
|Head offices, etc||6,216|
Where to go nextAn overview of information about the performing arts sector.Creative and Cultural Sector Skills Council
More information about actors, entertainers and presenters
Check out 18 videos about this career
Actors, entertainers and presenters sing, portray roles in dramatic productions, perform comedy routines, gymnastic feats and tricks of illusion, train animals to perform and perform with them, and introduce and present radio and television programmes.
Entry does not depend on academic qualifications although some drama schools require candidates to have GCSEs/S grades or A levels/H grades or a degree. Entry can be based upon an audition. Membership of the appropriate trade union is usually required. NVQs/SVQs in performing arts are available.
- Studies script, play or book and prepares and rehearses interpretation
- Assumes character created by a playwright or author and communicates this to an audience
- Performs singing, comedy, acrobatic, illusion and conjuring routines
- Trains animals to perform entertaining routines and may perform with them
- Introduces and presents radio and television programmes, reads news bulletins and makes announcements
- Conducts interviews and prepares reports for news broadcasts, current affairs programmes and documentaries
- Plays pre-recorded music at nightclubs, discotheques, and private functions.
for this job
|Sport & recreation||6,087|
|Arts & entertainment||5,484|
|Services to buildings||2,953|
|Film &† music||2,798|
|Other personal service||2,414|
|Head offices, etc||1,673|