Yogesh S is a Medicinal Computational Chemist at Pfizer. He was brought up in Bombay but wanted to experience other cultures, so he did a degree and PhD in Mississipi and research in Sweden before coming to the UK to work for Pfizer.
Check out 4 videos about this career
DescriptionManagers in this unit group plan, organise, co-ordinate and manage resources to undertake the systematic investigation necessary for the development of new, or to enhance the performance of existing, products and services.
QualificationsEntrants usually possess a relevant degree or equivalent qualification. Training is usually provided on-the-job, although support may be provided for postgraduate study. Professional qualifications are available.
- Establishes product design and performance objectives in consultation with other business functions;
- Liaises with production departments to investigate and resolve manufacturing problems;
- Develops research methodology, implements and reports upon research investigations undertaken;
- Plans work schedules, assigns tasks and delegates responsibilities to the research and development team;
- Monitors the standards of scientific and technical research undertaken by the research team.
for this job
|Head offices, etc||6147|
|Architectural & related||1389|
|Public admin. & defence||1314|