Alison J is Head of Learning and Teaching at the London College of Fashion, "I do teacher training, I teach on dissertations, I do educational projects and innovations, I work with course teams on curriculum designer delivery, I work with students on projects, on reflective practice, I make the tea". It took some time, and various different jobs, before Alison found her 'spiritual home' in education.
More information about teaching and other educational professionals n.e.c.
Check out 15 videos about this career
Job holders in this unit group perform a variety of other education and teaching occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 231: Teaching and Educational Professionals.
Entry is possible with a variety of academic qualifications, professional qualifications and/or relevant experience.
- Designs and implements methods of assessing the performance of students, co-ordinates and undertakes the evaluation of assessments and awards grades of merit based upon performance
- Co-ordinates the activities of private music and dancing schools, training centres and similar establishments
- Provides private academic, vocational and other instruction to individuals or groups
- Teaches English as a foreign language and assists in the tuition of foreign languages.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||5,506|
|Services to buildings||3,064|
|Food & beverage services||1,537|
|Other personal service||1,433|
Where to go nextLondon College of FashionSector Skills Council for Education ProfessionalsInformation and Statistics for the Education Sector
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- Turning point(s)
- First job influence
- Personal influences
- Job location
- Enterprise types