This page explains the types of personal data we may collect about you. It also explains how we store and handle that data, and keep it safe.
Personal data is any information that relates to a living person who can be identified from that data.
We respect your privacy and store your personal data securely. We do not share your personal data with anyone else (third parties).
We hold three types of personal data:
Mailing list subscriber data
You can subscribe to our mailing list to keep up to date with our news and to receive careers information. We hold details of your name, email address and how you describe your interest in careers (exploring own career interests, teacher or careers professional, other).
The data and consent are stored and processed by MailChimp.
You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time.
Site login data
You can register with icould.com to manage your favourite videos and interests. To do this you need to provide an email address and password. This information is stored on our server.
You can also login using an account you have with a social media or other company that we do not control. You need to check with them how they use your data.
Career video data
Anyone who is featured in an icould video signs a consent form for use of their image and sound. The consent form can include name, email address, contact number and job title. We hold a paper copy of this data and may also hold a digital version on our computer system.
icould.com includes links to other (third-party) websites that we do not control. We are not responsible for these sites or their content. You should check their privacy policies for details of how they use your data.
These cookies do not identify you personally, but they use your device’s IP address to locate where you are. Some cookies may be stored on your device after you finish your browsing session.
Our cookies include:
- PHPSESSID (necessary)- this enables our login function to work
- BIGipServer# (necessary) – this allows the site to exist on more than one server so helps to speed up response time and prevents the site from becoming overloaded
- _ga, _gat, _gid, Collect (statistics and marketing) – these are anonymous, and allow us to monitor general usage of the site and improve our offering. See more information from Google Analytics
- VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE (marketing) – this improves video speed (by autoplaying videos, without loading the whole film first)
- yt_blocked (unclassified) – this is set when you visit a video page, and lets us know if we should show you YouTube-hosted videos or play them in a different way if YouTube is blocked
- By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In writing to: icould, 66 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3LH