Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
Website Terms & Conditions of Use for icould.com
The icould.com website (together with the webpages and documents referred to in it) (the Website) is operated by Education and Employers Taskforce (we, us, our). We are registered in England and Wales under charity number 1130760 and have our registered office at Quantum House, Red Lion Court, 22-24 Fleet Street, London, EC4A 3EB. We are a private company limited by guarantee.
To contact us about our Website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your use of the Website is subject to the following Terms & Conditions of Use, which you are deemed to accept and agree to abide by through using the Website. Please read these Terms & Conditions of Use before using the Website.
If you do not agree to these Terms & Conditions of Use or breach these Terms, you must not use the Website.
1. Additional Terms
You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Website through your internet connection are aware of these Terms & Conditions of Use, and that they comply with them.
2. Copyright and Intellectual Property
Unless otherwise stated on our Website (including in these Terms and Conditions of Use), we are the owner or the licensee of all existing and future intellectual property rights (including trade marks, copyright, database rights, design rights, confidentiality rights and all other rights having equivalent or similar effect) in our Website (including the material published on it). All such rights are reserved.
You acknowledge and agree that EDUCATION AND EMPLOYERS TASKFORCE, the Education and Employers Taskforce logo used on this Website, ICOULD, the icould logo used on this Website and any of our other logos used on this Website from time to time are our exclusive property (together, the Property) and that you shall not make use of the Property without prior written consent from us. You shall neither acquire nor claim any right, title or interest in or to any of the Property (or the goodwill attaching to them). All goodwill arising from the use of the Property shall at all times accrue to us. You shall upon our request execute or procure to be executed any agreements or other instruments that may be required in order to assign any right, title or interest in any of the Property to us.
You must not use, reproduce, adapt or distribute any of the content or materials on our Website other than in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Use or with our written permission.
3. Permitted Use
You may download, print out, copy and distribute the content of or materials on this Website provided that:
- No commercial or business use of these materials is permitted without our prior written consent;
- you must not modify or adapt in any way the paper or digital copies of any materials or content that you have printed off or downloaded from the Website unless technically necessary for their use as a paper or digital copy;
- you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics that are included on our Website separately from any accompanying text, unless technically necessary for their use as a paper or digital copy; and
- our status as the owner of the materials and content (and that of any identified contributors) must always be acknowledged.
If you are a school or an employee of a school, we give you permission to show the materials on and content of the Website (including videos) over the school network and to use them on a whiteboard in a classroom or assembly. You can also circulate articles, use the worksheets and otherwise utilise the Website in any bona-fide education or training context.
Subject to these Terms and Conditions of Use, we give you permission to use the materials on and contents of this Website under the terms of the following creative commons licence: Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported. You will be bound by these terms and conditions if you use the Website and download or print included materials or any other content.
Our website is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our website is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
4. Prohibited use
No photography, filming, broadcast, alteration or modification of the pages or content of this Website or the materials included on the Website is permitted without our prior written consent.
You agree not to use this Website:
- for any commercial or business purpose without obtaining a licence from us or our licensors to do so;
- to create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes material downloaded or otherwise obtained from this Website, except where expressly permitted on the Website;
- to transmit or re-circulate any material obtained from this Website to any third party except where expressly permitted on this Website;
- in such a way as to remove the copyright or trade mark notice(s) from any copies of any materials or content made in accordance with these terms;
- to disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- to disseminate any material that contains software viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment in any way that might infringe third party rights or that might bring us or any of our subsidiaries into disrepute;
- via unauthorised access, including to the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website;
- via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack (and please note that by breaching this provision you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 and we will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities);
- to harm minors in any way;
- to disseminate any material which is abusive, defamatory or obscene, may harass, offend or inconvenience any person, applauds, encourages or entices abuse, discrimination or criminal activity or which might restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Website by any person; or
- to post link(s) that take users to material that contravenes any of the above restrictions.
5. Information and availability
The information on this Website does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of our own organisation. Neither should any material contained on this Website be intended as advice and relied upon. Whilst we take every care to ensure that the information on this Website is accurate and complete, some of it may be supplied to us by third parties and we are unable to check its accuracy or completeness. You are responsible for checking the accuracy of relevant facts, instructions, suggestions and/or opinions given on this Website before relying on or entering into any commitment based upon them.
Due to the inherent nature of the Internet, errors, interruptions and delays may occur in the service at any time. Accordingly, this website is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis without any guarantees, representations or warranties as to its accuracy or freedom from harmful material or availability.
We are concerned about the safety and privacy of all of the Website users, particularly children. For this reason, parents or teachers who wish to allow their children or pupils access to this Website should supervise their access. As a child’s legal guardian, it is your responsibility to determine whether any of the services and/or content are appropriate for your child or pupil.
6. Linking to our website
We disclaim all liability for any legal or other consequences (including for infringement of third party rights) of links made to our Website.
You may link to our Website home page, provided you do so in a way that is, in our opinion, fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not link to our Website in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The websites from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the representations and warranties relating to “User Content” as set out in the Education and Employers Taskforce’s website terms and conditions.
7. Links to other websites
On this Website you may be offered automatic links to other websites. Whilst we hope you will be interested in those websites, you acknowledge that the content on those pages is not subject to our control, their owners may be independent from us and we do not endorse, or accept any responsibility for their content or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources.
8. Computer viruses
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website does not contain or propagate any viruses or other malicious code but we do not guarantee that our Website will be secure or free from any of the same. It is therefore recommended that you should virus check all materials downloaded from the website and regularly check for the presence of viruses and other malicious code. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programmes, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
9. Social Media Pages
We sometimes refer to our services and programmes on external websites, including social media platforms.
We are not responsible for and do not curate any content on our social media profiles or in relation to interactions with you or others on social media. We disclaim liability for anything that happens to you if you interact with us or third parties or view content in connection with us on social networks.
10. Content objections
If you object to the publication of any material placed on this Website please contact us and we will take whatever action we deem appropriate.
11. Competition terms and conditions
All prize promotions, including free draws, prize competitions and instant win offers will have their own terms and conditions posted with the competition. Entrants will be subject to those terms and conditions in addition to these.
12. Buzz terms and conditions
The Buzz Quiz is currently part of our Website. This is a free personality test.
The Buzz Quiz results are provided for information and entertainment only and should not be relied upon in place of professional or clinical advice. The results are provided for personal use only and you shall not use them in any business, employment or recruitment context. You may not embed the Buzz Quiz on any website without our express written permission.
We disclaim all liability for any decisions you make once you have read the contents of the Buzz Quiz. We may change the content of the Buzz Quiz from time to time or remove the Buzz Quiz from our Website without notice.
In the event that any term of these Terms & Conditions of Use is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms & Conditions of Use shall remain valid and enforceable.
We reserve the right to vary these Terms & Conditions of Use from time to time. Such variations become effective immediately upon the posting of the varied Terms & Conditions of Use on the Website. By continuing to use the Website you will be deemed to accept such variations.
Further, we reserve absolutely the right to withdraw or suspend the Website, or any part of it, where we deem this to be necessary or desirable without notice and will not be liable to you for such availability.
Please note that we only provide our website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our website for any commercial or business purposes.
To the extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, representations, warranties and other terms that might otherwise be included, whether express or implied; and
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our Website or the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our Website (including reliance on any content displayed on our Website), any websites linked to our Website and any materials posted on our Website, including, in each case, any liability for loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipate savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill, wasted management or office time, and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence and negligent misrepresentation), breach of contract or otherwise.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
You indemnify us against each and any loss, liability and cost (including reasonable legal expenses) that we may suffer or incur as a result of or in connection with any claim against us that results (in whole or in part) from a breach by you of your obligations under these Terms & Conditions of Use.
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms & Conditions of Use to another organisation.
These Terms & Conditions of Use shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to all disputes arising out of or in connection with these Terms & Conditions of Use.
If you have any questions or concerns about our Website, please contact us. We are committed to ensuring that our Website is accessible to the widest possible range of people. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the accessibility of our Website, or if you have difficulty using any part of it, please also contact us.
This page was last updated July 2020.