Rami Sunner is a web developer for IBM. "The environment that I work in is... it's very much driven by change." He says "joining IBM in 2007, I met experienced people in the business... and to be able to have that sort of mentoring relationship with people is very important to me".
More information about web design and development professionals
Check out 11 videos about this career
Jobholders in this unit group design, develop and maintain websites to meet a client’s specified requirements.
Entrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification, although entry with other academic qualifications and/or significant relevant experience is possible. There is a variety of relevant vocational, professional and postgraduate qualifications available.
- Liaises with internal/external client in order to define the requirements for the website
- Presents design options to the client
- Designs web pages including graphics, animation and functionality to maximise visual effectiveness and facilitate appropriate access
- Develops the website and applications
- Designs and develops web interfaces for relational database systems
- Establishes methods to ensure appropriate website security and recovery
- Writes and publishes content for the website
- Tests website interaction and performance prior to going ‘live’, and monitors and maintains functionality of the website
- Activates the ‘live’ website.
for this job
|Computer programming, etc||10,032|
|Head offices, etc||4,880|
|Architectural & related||4,026|
|Public admin. & defence||2,624|
|Legal & accounting||2,125|