Steve G is Teaching and Learning Development Manager and Lecturer at Cambridge Regional College. He was a pipe fitter and welder, and got his first job in Further Education as a technician to support lecturers. He set his sights on becoming a lecturer. He loves teaching practical skills to practical people.
More information about further education teaching professionals
Check out 13 videos about this career
Further education teaching professionals supervise and teach trade, technical, commercial, adult education, secondary and post-secondary courses to students beyond minimum school leaving age.
Further education lecturers normally require a professional or academic qualification in the subject area they intend to teach, relevant professional, industrial or business experience and an appropriate teaching qualification.
- Prepares, delivers and directs lectures, seminars and tutorials
- Prepares, administers and marks examinations, essays and other assignments
- Arranges instructional visits and periods of employment experience for students
- Assists with the administration of teaching and the arranging of timetables
- Liaises with other professional and commercial organisations to review course content.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||3,314|
|Services to buildings||1,844|
|Food & beverage services||925|
|Other personal service||862|