Tim Lovejoy is a TV Presenter, Producer and Writer, who also owns his own internet channel. When he left school he went to work at a company selling mortgages, but knew this wasn't his dream job. So he decided to try to get a job as a TV presenter - "I was working for free during the days at any TV company I could get my hands on, and then at night I'd do bar jobs or I'd try and go on tour flogging t-shirts with bands". His hard work paid off, as he has now fused his dream job as a presenter with his personal passion - football.
More information about actors, entertainers and presenters
Check out 18 videos about this career
Actors, entertainers and presenters sing, portray roles in dramatic productions, perform comedy routines, gymnastic feats and tricks of illusion, train animals to perform and perform with them, and introduce and present radio and television programmes.
Entry does not depend on academic qualifications although some drama schools require candidates to have GCSEs/S grades or A levels/H grades or a degree. Entry can be based upon an audition. Membership of the appropriate trade union is usually required. NVQs/SVQs in performing arts are available.
- Studies script, play or book and prepares and rehearses interpretation
- Assumes character created by a playwright or author and communicates this to an audience
- Performs singing, comedy, acrobatic, illusion and conjuring routines
- Trains animals to perform entertaining routines and may perform with them
- Introduces and presents radio and television programmes, reads news bulletins and makes announcements
- Conducts interviews and prepares reports for news broadcasts, current affairs programmes and documentaries
- Plays pre-recorded music at nightclubs, discotheques, and private functions.
for this job
|Sport & recreation||6,087|
|Arts & entertainment||5,484|
|Services to buildings||2,953|
|Film & music||2,798|
|Other personal service||2,414|
|Head offices, etc||1,673|