Ian M is an official reporter at the Scottish Parliament. "I work as part of a team to produce the official report of all the debates and votes in parliament... My ambition really was initially was to go to university and study politics". He says "I enjoy the fact that we get to go and watch committee meetings and parliament."
More information about Records clerks and assistants
Check out 4 videos about this career
DescriptionRecords clerks and assistants maintain and update electronic and/or hard copy documents, correspondence and other records, and organise their storage.
QualificationsThere are no minimum academic requirements, although entrants typically possess GCSEs/S grades or equivalent qualifications. Training is normally provided on-the-job. NVQs/SVQs in Administration at Levels 1 and 2 are available.
- Examines and sorts incoming material;
- Classifies, files, archives and locates documents and other records;
- Copies or duplicates documents or other records;
- Performs specialised clerical tasks in connection with conveyancing, litigation and the maintenance of medical records.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||6229|
|Legal & accounting||5282|
|Architectural & related||5181|
|Services to buildings||4248|
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- Personal influences
- Job location
- East of England
- Enterprise types