Natasha H is a Senior Technical Manager growing herbs. "There's always a challenge in fresh produce. There isn't a day that's the same". The weather, strikes and other issues provide changing problems of getting quality herbs to the customer. Her Tae Kwan Do black belt shows how she overcomes stress.
Check out 6 videos about this career
DescriptionChemical scientists analyse and research physical aspects of chemical structure and change within substances and develop chemical techniques used in the manufacture or modification of natural substances and processed products.
QualificationsEntrants usually possess a degree. Entry may also be possible with an appropriate BTEC/SQA award, an Advanced GNVQ/GSVQ Level III, or other academic qualifications. Further specialist training is provided on the job. Some employers may expect entrants to gain professional qualifications.
- Develops experimental procedures, instruments and recording and testing systems;
- Conducts experiments to identify chemical composition, energy and chemical changes in natural substances and processed materials;
- Analyses results and experimental data;
- Tests techniques and processes for reliability under a variety of conditions;
- Develops procedures for quality control of manufactured products.
for this job
|Coke & refining; Chemicals,etc||5010|
|Architectural & related||3163|
|Public admin. & defence||964|
- Curriculum Subject
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Working lifestyle
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Personal influences
- Job location
- South East England
- Focus On
- Enterprise types