Julie S was a Lead Stenographer in the Ultrasound department at Addenbrookes and is now using this knowledge as an Adviser to the Chief Executive. An advert in the Yorkshire Evening Press took her down the route of being a radiographer, she says "with a bit of sort of making your own luck, being in the right place, seeing an opportunity and going for it, then actually you know being in the NHS can be really fantastic."
More information about health professionals n.e.c.
Check out 7 videos about this career
Job holders in this unit group perform a variety of other health-related professional occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 221: Health Professionals. They may work autonomously or in teams with other health workers.
Entry is via a variety of relevant academic and/or professional qualifications.
- Provides expert technical and technological support in the delivery of critical care
- Provides high level support within surgical teams before, during and after surgery
- Operate heart-lung machines during surgical procedures
- Conducts medical education relevant to specialism and provides team leadership and supervision
- Diagnoses and treats patients with a variety of hearing-related problems
- Carries out a range of oral/dental treatments
- Provides prosthetic devices to patients and advises on rehabilitation.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||2,608|
|Services to buildings||848|
Where to go nextInformation and statistics for the health and social care sector. Sector Skills Council for Health Professionals
More information about health services and public health managers and directors
Check out 15 videos about this career
Managers and directors in this unit group plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the resources and activities of health care providers and purchasers at both district and unit levels.
Entrants require a degree or equivalent qualification, a professional qualification and/or relevant experience. Off- and on-the-job training is provided through management training schemes. The nature of schemes varies between regions and occupational areas.
- Implements policies of the board, ensures statutory procedures are followed, with particular emphasis on patient safety and the management of risk
- Liaises with health care professionals to determine short and long-term needs and how to meet these objectives within budgetary constraints
- Oversees the day-to-day management of the unit or service and provides leadership to staff
- Uses statistical information to monitor performance and assist with planning
- Negotiates and manages contracts with providers and purchasers of health care services
- Manages staff, including recruitment, appraisal and development
- Monitors and reports upon the effectiveness of services with a view to improving the efficiency of health care provision
- Coordinates the promotion of public health and wellbeing in the actions and policies of public agencies and their social partners
- Monitors and reports upon the state of public health and wellbeing.
for this job
|Head offices, etc||2,701|
|Public admin. & defence||2,571|
|Computer programming, etc||2,224|
|Architectural & related||1,767|