Heather was always interested in drama which she studied from GCSE to degree-level. Later, she found out about careers in drama therapy and then went on to qualify as a drama therapist.
More information about Therapy professionals n.e.c.
The UK average salary is £28,758
There are 37.5 hours in the average working week
The UK workforce is 47% female and 53% male
- Prescribes diet therapy and gives advice to patients, health care professionals and the public on dietetic and nutritional matters for those with special dietary requirements or to prevent illness amongst the general population;
- Diagnoses and treats disorders of vision and eye movements, monitors subsequent progress and recommends further optical, pharmacological or surgical treatment as required;
- Manipulates and massages patient to discover the cause of pain, relieve discomfort, restore function and mobility and to correct irregularities in body structure;
- Adopts a holistic approach in assessing the overall health of the patient, and treats by inserting needles under the skin at particular locations according to the disorder being treated;
- Administers aromatic herbs and oils and massage to relieve pain and restore health;
- Assesses and provides treatment for people with mental disabilities, or those suffering with mental illness, stress, and emotional and relationship problems;
- Diagnoses and treats behavioural problems in animals.
From personal careers advice to finding work, see our round-up of
useful websites to help you on your way