Olivia H is the International Operations Manager for Arcadia Group in the UK. She's had a lot of different jobs in the retail sector since graduating. She's particularly proud of the work she did in America, working with creative and marketing people to decide how the store windows should look.
More information about sales related occupations n.e.c.
Check out 1 video about this career
Workers in this unit group perform a variety of sales occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 712: Sales Related Occupations.
There are no formal academic entry requirements. Training is typically received on-the-job, supplemented by short courses covering practical skills and details of the product or service being sold. NVQs/SVQs in Selling are available at Levels 2 and 3.
- Assesses characteristics of goods/services being sold and decides on main selling points
- Advises clients and agents on insurance related problems, seeks new outlets for business and quotes premiums, bonus rates, tax concessions, etc.
- Obtains orders for advertising, financial, catering, printing and transportation services
- Organises parties in private households to sell clothing, fashion accessories, giftware and other goods
- Provides demonstrations of a product within retail stores, exhibitions and trade fairs to promote interest amongst potential customers
- Negotiates agreements for the passage of supply lines over or under land/property and the siting of supporting structures and other items.
for this job
|Food & beverage services||2,689|
|Sale of motor vehicles||2,123|
|Sport & recreation||600|
|Services to buildings||493|
Where to go nextArcadia GroupSector Skills Council for RetailInformation and Statistics relating to Retail
More information about product, clothing and related designers
Check out 6 videos about this career
Product, clothing and related designers plan, direct and undertake the creation of designs for new industrial and commercial products, clothing and related fashion accessories, costumes and wigs, and for building interiors and stage sets.
Entrants have usually completed a foundation course, BTEC/SQA award, degree and or postgraduate qualification. NVQs/SVQs in Fashion Design and Design are available at Level 2, as are apprenticeships at Levels 2 and 3.
- Liaises with client to determine the purpose, cost, technical specification and potential uses/users of product
- Undertakes research to determine market trends, production requirements, availability of resources and formulates design concepts
- Prepares sketches, designs, patterns or prototypes for textiles, clothing, footwear, jewellery, fashion accessories, set props, wigs, ceramics, plastics, motor vehicles, domestic appliances and engineering products
- Prepares sketches, designs, mock-ups and storyboards for consideration by theatre/film director or client
- Submits design to management, sales department or client for approval, communicates design rationale and makes any necessary alterations
- Specifies materials, production method and finish for aesthetic or functional effect, and oversees production of sample and/or finished product
- Observes and manages intellectual property issues.
for this job
|Sport & recreation||7,503|
|Arts & entertainment||6,760|
|Services to buildings||3,639|
|Film & music||3,449|
|Other personal service||2,976|
|Head offices, etc||2,063|