Rachael promotes live music events, she has always been self-employed and left school when she was 13 after a very unconventional childhood. She loves the buzz of organising concerts "seeing 5000 people with their hands in the air, having a wicked time".
More information about conference and exhibition managers and organisers
Check out 11 videos about this career
Job holders in this unit group manage, organise and coordinate business conferences, exhibitions and similar events.
There are no formal academic entry requirements, although entrants typically possess GCSEs/S grades, A levels/H grades, a BTEC/SQA award or equivalent qualifications. Professional qualifications are available and may be required by some employers. Off- and-on-the-job training is available.
- Discusses conference and exhibition requirements with clients and advises on facilities
- Develops proposal for the event, and presents proposal to client
- Allocates exhibition space to exhibitors
- Plans work schedules, assigns tasks, and co-ordinates the activities of designers, crafts persons, technical staff, caterers and other events staff
- Liaises closely with venue staff to ensure smooth running of the event
- Ensures that Health and Safety and other statutory regulations are met.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||4,620|
|Head offices, etc||3,465|
|Services to buildings||2,155|