Dervish has designed parts for the Mars Rover, a robotic motor vehicle that travels across the surface of the planet Mars collecting information. He left school with two GCSEs and went on to become a chef, before deciding to study engineering.
More information about Engineering professionals n.e.c.
The UK average salary is £28,758
There are 37.5 hours in the average working week
The UK workforce is 47% female and 53% male
- Researches into problem areas to advance basic knowledge, evaluate new theories and techniques and to solve specific problems;
- Establishes principles and techniques to improve the quality, durability and performance of materials such as textiles, glass, rubber, plastics, ceramics, metals and alloys;
- Designs new systems and equipment with regard to cost, market requirements and feasibility of manufacture;
- Devises and implements control systems to monitor operational efficiency and performance of system and materials;
- Prepare sketches, drawings and specifications showing materials to be used, construction and finishing methods and other details;
- Examines and advises on patent applications;
- Provides technical consultancy services.
From personal careers advice to finding work, see our round-up of
useful websites to help you on your way