Senior Quality Manager (aviation)
Boeing Defence UK
Ellen left school without any qualifications. She joined the Navy where she started a life-long journey of education, working in a range of roles including training and management. She left the Navy nearly 25 years later to join Boeing Defence UK and now heads up a team of quality engineers, ensuring that aircraft standards are met.
More information about Quality control and planning engineers
The UK average salary is £29,813
There are 37.5 hours in the average working week
The UK workforce is 47% female and 53% male
- Devises inspection, testing and evaluation methods for bought-in materials, components, semi-finished and finished products;
- Ensures accuracy of machines, jigs, fixtures, gauges and other manufacturing and testing equipment;
- Prepares work flow charts for individual departments and compiles detailed instructions on processes, work methods and quality and safety standards for workers;
- Analyses plans, drawings, specifications and safety, quality, accuracy, reliability and contractual requirements;
- Prepares plan of sequence of operations and completion dates for each phase of production or processing;
- Oversees effective implementation of adopted processes, schedules and procedures.
From personal careers advice to finding work, see our round-up of
useful websites to help you on your way