Gemma W works in Customer Services for Arcadia Group. As a teenager she was passionate about hairdressing but she left her college course to start a family. She enjoys her job but she feels she hasn't got any qualifications to fall back on, and really regrets not finishing the NVQ in hairdressing.
More information about Customer service occupations n.e.c.
The UK average salary is £28,758
There are 37.5 hours in the average working week
The UK workforce is 47% female and 53% male
- Receives enquiries from potential and existing clients, discusses requirements, and recommends products or services;
- Discusses pricing processes with clients, agrees payment arrangements and handles customer accounts;
- Makes reservations, books tickets, organises insurance policies on behalf of customers;
- Follows up clients to ensure their satisfaction with a product or service and to gain renewal of customer service agreements;
- Addresses customer complaints and problems;
- Informs customers of special promotions and new product launches.
From personal careers advice to finding work, see our round-up of
useful websites to help you on your way