Information & Membership Supervisor
Keith H is Information and Membership Supervisor at Clumber Park, a National Trust estate. He knew the area well, loved history and heritage and liked working with people, so when he saw the job advertised in the local 'paper he knew it was a great job for him.
More information about Office supervisors
Check out 2 videos about this career
The UK average salary is £28,758
There are 37.5 hours in the average working week
The UK workforce is 47% female and 53% male
DescriptionOffice supervisors oversee operations and directly supervise and coordinate the activities of those carrying out general administrative and clerical work and performing specialist administrative and clerical duties in relation to finance, records, sales and other services to a variety of commercial, industrial and other non-governmental organisations and public agencies.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic entry requirements, though GCSEs/S grades are advantageous. Entrants will normally have significant relevant work experience and may require professional qualifications in some areas.
- Directly supervises and coordinates the activities of office staff;
- Establishes and monitors work schedules to meet the organisation’s requirements;
- Liaises with managers and other senior staff to resolve operational problems;
- Determines or recommends staffing and other needs to meet the organisation’s requirements;
- Reports as required to managerial staff on work-related matters.