Head of Art and Technology
Rachel works with artists at Space to help provide them with studio and creative spaces. She studied art at university but them went on to work in television and advertising. She also spent some time working in viral advertising. She would encourage young people to get involved in free artists events and exhibitions to build up your knowledge and networks.
More information about Arts officers, producers and directors
The UK average salary is £28,758
There are 37.5 hours in the average working week
The UK workforce is 47% female and 53% male
- Chooses writers, scripts, technical staff and performers, and assumes overall responsibility for completion of project on time and within budget;
- Directs actors, designers, camera team, sound crew and other production and technical staff to achieve desired effects;
- Breaks script into scenes and formulates a shooting schedule that will be most economical in terms of time, location and sets;
- Prepares rehearsal and production schedule for main events, design of sets and costumes, technical rehearsals and dress rehearsals;
- Ensures necessary equipment, props, performers and technical staff are on set when required;
- Manages health and safety issues;
- Selects, contracts, markets and arranges for the presentation and/or distribution of performance, visual and heritage arts.
From personal careers advice to finding work, see our round-up of
useful websites to help you on your way