Front of House Manager
Satesh M is a Front of House Manager for Virgin Acitve in a beautiful building in Canary Wharf. When he left university he had three part time jobs, he worked with his father in the city, he worked at a health club and he did charity work. When he realised how much more motivated, energetic and inspired he was by the sports and charity work he knew which direction his career should take.
More information about Sports and leisure assistants
The UK average salary is £28,758
There are 37.5 hours in the average working week
The UK workforce is 47% female and 53% male
DescriptionSports and leisure assistants, provide and maintain facilities for sporting and recreational activities and supervise their use, maintain the continuity of entertainment and social events, offer odds and accept bets on the result of sporting and other events and control gambling activities.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic entry requirements, although some employers may require GCSEs/S grades. A variety of vocational qualifications is available in Sports and Recreation and Leisure and Tourism.
- Maintains sports and leisure equipment and prepares equipment for use;
- Supervises the use of swimming pools, gymnasium apparatus, fitness machines and other recreational equipment;
- Maintains hygienic operation of swimming pools and associated facilities such as jacuzzis, showers and changing areas;
- Carries clubs for golfers, advises on the layout and distance of golf courses and appropriate choice of golf club;
- Announces acts, makes introductions, proposes toasts and maintains the continuity of entertainment events and social functions;
- Assesses likely outcome of an event and establishes odds, accepts and records bets, issues receipts and pays out on winning bets;
- Controls the progress of games of cards, roulette and other gambling activities according to established rules;