Assistant Team Manager
Tim P is an assistant team manager at the local adult services team. His team helps people to remain independent in their own homes. His greatest personal achievements were to have almost made the Paralympics squad in 1992 and to have passed his driving test.
More information about Further education teaching professionals
Check out 10 videos about this career
The UK average salary is £28,758
There are 37.5 hours in the average working week
The UK workforce is 47% female and 53% male
DescriptionFurther education teaching professionals supervise and teach trade, technical, commercial, adult education, secondary and post-secondary courses to students beyond minimum school leaving age.
QualificationsFurther education lecturers normally require a professional or academic qualification in the subject area they intend to teach, relevant professional, industrial or business experience and an appropriate teaching qualification.
- Prepares, delivers and directs lectures, seminars and tutorials;
- Prepares, administers and marks examinations, essays and other assignments;
- Arranges instructional visits and periods of employment experience for students;
- Assists with the administration of teaching and the arranging of timetables;
- Liaises with other professional and commercial organisations to review course content.