Anna S is a Solicitor specialising in wealth planning, who also practices independently as a Notary Public. She says "I had absolutely no idea when I left school what I really wanted to do. I did a History degree, because it was what I really enjoyed. And I have no regrets in going I think that way round, because the beauty of the Law is that you can come to it from anything".
Check out 5 videos about this career
DescriptionJob holders in this unit group perform a variety of other professional legal occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 241: Legal Professionals.
QualificationsEntry to training usually requires a qualifying law degree or postgraduate diploma. Entrants then undertake a further year of academic training and then complete up to four years of assessed supervised experience in legal practice. Entrants may also require up to five years post qualifying experience in legal practice.
- Co-ordinates the activities of magistrates courts and advises magistrates on law and legal procedure;
- Provides legal advice to individuals within Citizens Advice, Law Centres and other such establishments;
- Drafts and negotiates contracts on behalf of employers;
- Advises employers, local and national government and other organisations on aspects of law and legislative implications of decisions made;
- Represents public and private organisations in court as necessary.
for this job
|Legal & accounting||21184|
|Head offices, etc||12293|
|Public admin. & defence||8872|
|Computer programming, etc||1207|