Kelly A is a Reception Teacher at Fairstead House School, Newmarket. She trained in her home city of Calgary, Canada. "Everybody needs teachers everywhere in the world and if you have a good degree behind you and a good letter of reference then lots of doors are open for you."
More information about Primary and nursery education teaching professionals
Check out 1 videos about this career
DescriptionPrimary (and middle school deemed primary) and nursery education teaching professionals plan, organise and provide instruction to children at all levels up to the age of entry into secondary education.
QualificationsEntry is with a first degree that provides QTS (qualified teacher status) or, in Scotland, TQ (teaching qualification); or other relevant degree followed by further postgraduate training (most commonly PGCE – Postgraduate Certificate in Secondary Education, or, in Scotland, PGDE – Professional Graduate Diploma in Education). Further and higher professional qualifications are required for some teaching posts.
- Prepares and delivers courses and lessons in accordance with curriculum requirements and teaches a range of subjects;
- Prepares, assigns and corrects exercises and examinations to record and evaluate students’ progress;
- Prepares students for external examinations and administers and invigilates these examinations;
- Maintains records of students’ progress and development;
- Supervises students and maintains classroom discipline;
- Teaches simple songs and rhymes, reads stories and organises various activities to promote language, social and physical development;
- Undertakes pastoral duties;
- Supervises teaching assistants and trainees;
- Discusses progress with student, parents and/or other education professionals;
- Assists with or plans and develops curriculum and rota of teaching duties.
for this job
|Services to buildings||12512|
|Public admin. & defence||6649|
|Other personal service||4032|
|Food & beverage services||1773|
|Film & music||1222|