Matthew Morley is Academy Operations Manager at Sheffield United Football Club. He played for Sheffield Wednesday Boys but the opportunity to turn professional never came. He has followed a career in managing sports facilities and stayed close to the game.
More information about Leisure and sports managers
Check out 11 videos about this career
DescriptionLeisure and sports managers organise, direct and co-ordinate the activities and resources required for the provision of sporting, artistic, theatrical and other recreational and amenity services.
QualificationsBoth graduate and non-graduate entry is possible. Off- and on-the-job training is provided. NVQs/SVQs in relevant areas are available at Levels 3 and 4. Professional qualifications may also be required for some posts.
- Organises timetable of activities/schedule of programmes;
- Ensures that facilities are kept clean and in good condition and that appropriate health and safety requirements are adhered to;
- Keeps abreast of new trends and developments in recreational activities and arranges exhibitions, theatrical productions, concerts, demonstrations etc.;
- Advises on the facilities available and promotes publicity in relation to shows, games, races, new theme parks, etc.;
- Determines financial, staffing, material and other short- and long-term needs;
- Recruits, supervises and trains staff;
- Ensures custody of all cash receipts and organises regular stock checks.
for this job
|Sport & recreation||23085|
|Food & beverage services||7857|
|Film & music||4101|
|Other personal service||2566|