Matthew Morley is Academy Operations Manager at Sheffield United Football Club. He played for Sheffield Wednesday Boys but the opportunity to turn professional never came. He has followed a career in managing sports facilities and stayed close to the game.
More information about Leisure and sports managers
Check out 9 videos about this career
DescriptionLeisure and sports managers organise, direct and co-ordinate the activities and resources required for the provision of sporting, artistic, theatrical and other recreational and amenity services.
QualificationsBoth graduate and non-graduate entry is possible. Off- and on-the-job training is provided. NVQs/SVQs in relevant areas are available at Levels 3 and 4. Professional qualifications may also be required for some posts.
- Organises timetable of activities/schedule of programmes;
- Ensures that facilities are kept clean and in good condition and that appropriate health and safety requirements are adhered to;
- Keeps abreast of new trends and developments in recreational activities and arranges exhibitions, theatrical productions, concerts, demonstrations etc.;
- Advises on the facilities available and promotes publicity in relation to shows, games, races, new theme parks, etc.;
- Determines financial, staffing, material and other short- and long-term needs;
- Recruits, supervises and trains staff;
- Ensures custody of all cash receipts and organises regular stock checks.
for this job
|Sport & recreation||23085|
|Food & beverage services||7857|
|Film & music||4101|
|Other personal service||2566|