Rawle C is a Relationship Manager for Fidelity. He's amazed he ended up in the financial services sector, wearing a suit to work every day. That's because his qualifications and experience are in performing arts and web design.
More information about Financial accounts managers
Check out 2 videos about this career
DescriptionJob holders in this unit group manage client accounts or departments within financial institutions (such as banks and insurance companies) or manage a variety of financial accounts within other organisations.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic requirements although professional qualifications in accountancy may be required by some employers. These qualifications can be linked to NVQs/SVQs in Accounting at Levels 2, 3 and 4, and apprenticeships may be available in some areas.
- Develops and manages business accounts to increase sales of financial products;
- Takes responsibility for the efficient and effective operation of several business accounts;
- Manages teams handling insurance claims;
- Checks customers’ credit rating with banks and credit reference agencies, and decides whether to offer credit;
- Establishes terms of credit and ensures timely payment by customer, renegotiates payment terms and initiates legal action to recover debts if necessary;
- Carries out and/or supervises general accounting and administrative work.
for this job
|Legal & accounting||13105|
|Head offices, etc||9714|
|Services to buildings||6428|
|Computer programming, etc||5511|
|Public admin. & defence||4008|