Tracy Shepherd is a Sales Executive at The Paper Company. She goes out to visit the company's customers. She's been in the job for over seventeen years, and is proud of the fact that she has been successful in a male-dominated industry.
More information about
Check out 5 videos about this career
DescriptionBusiness sales executives provide advice to existing and potential customers, and receive orders for specialist machinery, equipment, materials and other products or services that require technical knowledge.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic requirements, although entrants usually possess academic qualifications and/or relevant experience in a particular profession or speciality. Training is usually on-the-job. Professional qualifications and NVQs/ SVQs at Levels 2 and 3 are available.
- Discusses customer requirements and advises them on the capabilities and limitations of the goods or services being sold;
- Quotes prices, credit details, delivery dates and payment arrangements and arranges for delivery and installation of goods if appropriate;
- Makes follow up visits to ensure customer satisfaction and to obtain further orders;
- Stays abreast of advances in product/field and suggests possible improvements to product or service;
- Maintains records and accounts of sales made and handles customer complaints.
for this job
|Computer programming, etc||7294|
|Head offices, etc||5556|
|Sale of motor vehicles||5208|
|Architectural & related||4988|
- Curriculum Subject
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Working lifestyle
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Personal influences
- Job location
- East of England
- Enterprise types