Van Phillips is a Professional Golfer. "The first time I discovered golf I actually was at work with my father on a Saturday morning and on the way home we drove past a nine hole pitch and putt and we both just thought we'd have a go."
More information about Sports players
Check out 7 videos about this career
DescriptionProfessional sportsmen and women train and compete, either individually or as part of a team, in their chosen sport for financial gain.
QualificationsNo academic qualifications are required. Entry is based upon talent that can be further developed through coaching and training.
- Participates in exhibitions, pre-qualifying events, tournaments and competitions;
- Attends training sessions to develop skills and practice individual or team moves and tactics;
- Builds stamina, physical strength and agility through running, fitness exercises and weight training;
- Maintains clothing and other specialised sporting equipment;
- Discusses performance problems with coaches, physiotherapists, dieticians and doctors.
for this job
|Sport & recreation||11859|
|Services to buildings||491|