Self professed 'middle of the road' student Kate may wish she had listened more at school, but she has not let it hold back her career. After 10 successful years in beauty therapy, she met the man of her dreams, started her family and decided to change career. Currently retraining (studying for her Chartered Institute of Personal Development) she believes 'you can always get back on track, or follow a new track, whatever your age'.
More information about sales administrators
Check out 3 videos about this career
Sales administrators provide support to the process of selling equipment, materials and other products or services.
There are no minimum academic requirements, although entrants typically possess GCSEs/S grades or equivalent qualifications. Training is normally provided on-the-job. NVQs/SVQs in Administration are available at Levels 1 and 2.
- Provides information to customers on products and prices
- Fields telephone enquiries from prospective customers on behalf of the sales team
- Prepares sales invoices and maintains records and accounts of sales activity
- Handles customer complaints or forwards them to relevant member of sales team
- Carries out general clerical duties.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||8,066|
|Head offices, etc||2,670|
Where to go nextAn overview of information about the health and fitness industryDavid Lloyd FitnessSector Skills Council for Sports and Recreation
- Curriculum Subject
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Working lifestyle
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- Turning point(s)
- First job influence
- Personal influences
- Job location
- South East England
- Enterprise types