Amit and Naroop
Amit and Naroop
Amit A is a self trained photographer and one half of celebrity photographers, Amit and Naroop. Amit began a media course at university but new it wasn't for him. An impromptu photoshoot with now business partner, Naroop, led him into a career in photography. The entrepreneurial duo have combined their talents with determination to go on to shoot artists such as Tinie Tempah, Jay Sean and Tinchy Stryder.
More information about Photographers, audio-visual and broadcasting equipment operators
Check out 14 videos about this career
The UK average salary is £28,758
There are 37.5 hours in the average working week
The UK workforce is 47% female and 53% male
DescriptionWorkers in this unit group operate and assist with still, cine and television cameras and operate other equipment to record, manipulate and project sound and vision for entertainment, cultural, commercial and industrial purposes.
QualificationsThere are no set academic requirements although entrants usually possess GCSEs/S grades, A levels/H grades and are able to demonstrate proof of pre- entry work experience. A variety of diplomas, degrees and postgraduate qualifications are available. NVQs/SVQs in Photography are available at Levels 2, 3 and 4.
- Selects subject and conceives composition of picture or discusses composition with colleagues;
- Arranges subject, lighting, camera equipment and any microphones;
- Inserts lenses and adjusts aperture and speed settings as necessary;
- Operates scanning equipment to transfer image to computer and manipulates image to achieve the desired effect;
- Photographs subject or follows action by moving camera;
- Takes, records and manipulates digital images and digital video footage;
- Controls transmission, broadcasting and satellite systems for television and radio programmes, identifies and solves related technical problems;
- Checks operation and positioning of projectors, vision and sound recording equipment, and mixing and dubbing equipment;
- Operates equipment to record, edit and play back films and television programmes;
- Manages health and safety issues;
- Operates sound mixing and dubbing equipment to obtain desired mix, level and balance of sound.