Racing Driver / Instructor
Charlie H is a Racing Driver and a Race Instructor with Lola Cars. "The biggest impact would probably be having my first go-kart bought for me and going and doing my first race." Racing influenced his school and college career and everything needed to fit in with racing. He won a Formula 3 race in melbourne and will compete at Le Mans.
More information about Other drivers and transport operatives n.e.c.
Check out 2 videos about this career
The UK average salary is £28,758
There are 37.5 hours in the average working week
The UK workforce is 47% female and 53% male
DescriptionJobholders in this unit group monitor the activities of bus drivers, conductors and other road transport depot drivers, undertake various tasks related to water transportation, and perform other transportation tasks not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 823: Other Drivers and Transport Operatives.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic entry requirements. Training is provided both off- and on-the-job. NVQs/SVQs in Organising Road Transport Operations and Marine Operations are available at Level 2.
- Checks that vehicles run as scheduled, monitors number of passengers travelling particular routes and makes recommendations for improvement of services;
- Organises relief and replacement crews as necessary, ensures compliance with regulations regarding the carrying of passengers and luggage, and submits reports of any irregularities;
- Checks that goods have been correctly loaded into vehicle, monitors and records information from tachograph, and arranges for servicing, refuelling, cleaning and repair of depot vehicles;
- Operates and maintains lighthouses and navigational lights in harbours, and assists in mooring craft;
- Operates and maintains locks, opens and closes moving bridges across inland waterways and docks, and measures depth of water in canals, rivers, etc. to determine possible dumping or dredging sites;
- Guides horses or ponies and drives horse drawn vehicles to transport goods and passengers.