Operations Development Officer
Chris P is the Operations Development Officer for CEVA Logistics in Bristol. He’s involved with the recruitment and training of the 112 drivers they have on the payroll. He loves the job, but it took him a long time to achieve. He regrets being in a hurry to leave school and get a job, and wishes he had looked at where he wanted to be in twenty years instead of two weeks.
More information about Business, research and administrative professionals n.e.c.
The UK average salary is £28,758
There are 37.5 hours in the average working week
The UK workforce is 47% female and 53% male
- Coordinates the organisation’s services and resources, liaising with other senior staff;
- Analyses internal processes and systems, recommends and implements procedural and policy changes;
- Recruits and manages staff, assigns and delegates tasks and duties, makes changes in procedures to deal with variations in workload;
- Develops plans, sets objectives and monitors and evaluates performance;
- Prepares and reviews operational and financial reports;
- Controls and administers budgets.
- Advises national and local government on the interpretation and implementation of policy decisions, acts and regulations, and provides technical assistance in the formulation of policy;
- Co-ordinates and directs the activities of Revenue and Customs offices, Job Centres, Benefits Agency offices and other local offices of national government;
- Registers and maintains records of all births, deaths and marriages in local authority area, issues appropriate certificates and reports any suspicious causes of death to the coroner.
- Negotiates and monitors contracted out services provided by the private sector to local government studies and acts upon any legislation that may affect the local authority.
From personal careers advice to finding work, see our round-up of
useful websites to help you on your way