Bovis Lend Lease
Bovis Lend Lease
Denise M is a Recruiting Consultant for Bovis Lend Lease. She fits people into the right jobs in the construction industry. To get here she's worked in a variety of office roles in different companies, but recruitment is what she enjoys the most.
More information about Human resources and industrial relations officers
Check out 11 videos about this career
The UK average salary is £28,758
There are 37.5 hours in the average working week
The UK workforce is 47% female and 53% male
DescriptionHuman resources and industrial relations officers conduct research and advise on recruitment, training, staff appraisal and industrial relations policies and assist specialist managers with negotiations on behalf of a commercial enterprise, trade union or other organisation.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic requirements although most entrants possess a degree or equivalent qualification and/or relevant experience. Many employers expect staff to gain membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development through study for professional qualifications. NVQs/SVQs in this area are available at Levels 3 and 4.
- Undertakes research into pay differentials, productivity and efficiency bonuses and other payments;
- Develops and recommends personnel and industrial relations policies, assists with their implementation and drafts staff handbooks;
- Assists with negotiations between management and employees or trades unions concerning pay and conditions of employment;
- Interviews candidates for jobs;
- Advises on training and recruitment, negotiating procedures, salary agreements and other personnel and industrial relations issues;
- Deals with grievance and disciplinary procedures, and with staff welfare and counselling provision.