Music Video Director
Emil N is a successful music video director who has directed all of Jesse J’s music videos to date. At school he knew he loved music and drama but only discovered his true talent when he picked up a video camera. He’s worked his way up through lots of hard work and determination to become one of today’s most sort after directors.
More information about Arts officers, producers and directors
The UK average salary is £29,813
There are 37.5 hours in the average working week
The UK workforce is 47% female and 53% male
- Chooses writers, scripts, technical staff and performers, and assumes overall responsibility for completion of project on time and within budget;
- Directs actors, designers, camera team, sound crew and other production and technical staff to achieve desired effects;
- Breaks script into scenes and formulates a shooting schedule that will be most economical in terms of time, location and sets;
- Prepares rehearsal and production schedule for main events, design of sets and costumes, technical rehearsals and dress rehearsals;
- Ensures necessary equipment, props, performers and technical staff are on set when required;
- Manages health and safety issues;
- Selects, contracts, markets and arranges for the presentation and/or distribution of performance, visual and heritage arts.
From personal careers advice to finding work, see our round-up of
useful websites to help you on your way