Coppid Beech Hotel
Eszter heads a team of receptionists at the Coppid Beech Hotel. She initially studied Economics at University but found it dull so after a gap year she changed to Economics of Tourism and Hosptiality Management, on the advice of a friend. She thinks she will return to Hungary and manage a hotel there one day.
More information about Receptionists
Check out 7 videos about this career
The UK average salary is £28,758
There are 37.5 hours in the average working week
The UK workforce is 47% female and 53% male
DescriptionReceptionists receive and direct telephone calls and visitors to commercial, government and other establishments.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic entry requirements, although many employers expect entrants to possess GCSEs/S grades. There are a variety of relevant vocational qualifications available. NVQs/SVQs in Administration are available at Level 2 that encompass various aspects of reception work. Professional qualifications are also available.
- Receives callers and clients and directs them to the appropriate person or department;
- Records the details of enquiries and makes appointments and reservations;
- Answers, screens and forwards or otherwise deals with telephone enquiries;
- Supplies brochures, pamphlets and other information for clients;
- Records details of visitors, issues security passes and informs visitors of any actions to be taken in case of an emergency;
- Maintains reception area in good order.