Heating Systems Designer
Mariusz R is a Heating Systems Designer for E.ON. He designed communal heating systems in Poland, then moved to the UK. He was despairing of finding a job because there aren’t many of this type of heating system in the UK yet, but fortunately E.ON found him and offered him a job.
More information about Plumbers and heating and ventilating engineers
The UK average salary is £28,758
There are 37.5 hours in the average working week
The UK workforce is 47% female and 53% male
- Examines drawings and specifications to determine layout of system;
- Measures and cuts required lengths of copper, lead, steel, iron, aluminium or plastic using hand or machine tools;
- Installs fittings such as storage tanks, cookers, baths, toilets, taps and valves, refrigerators, boilers, radiators and fires;
- Tests completed installation for leaks and makes any necessary adjustments;
- Attaches fittings and joins piping by welding, soldering, cementing, fusing, screwing or other methods;
- Repairs burst pipes and mechanical and combustion faults and replaces faulty taps, washers, valves, etc.
From personal careers advice to finding work, see our round-up of
useful websites to help you on your way