Julie-Anne W is a Skills for Life lecturer at Cambridge Regional College. She started off towards a career in accountancy, but after a serious accident at a swimming pool put her out of action for over a year, she rethought what she wanted to do. She realised that her talents lay in the direction of communicating with people.
More information about Further education teaching professionals
Check out 13 videos about this career
DescriptionFurther education teaching professionals supervise and teach trade, technical, commercial, adult education, secondary and post-secondary courses to students beyond minimum school leaving age.
QualificationsFurther education lecturers normally require a professional or academic qualification in the subject area they intend to teach, relevant professional, industrial or business experience and an appropriate teaching qualification.
- Prepares, delivers and directs lectures, seminars and tutorials;
- Prepares, administers and marks examinations, essays and other assignments;
- Arranges instructional visits and periods of employment experience for students;
- Assists with the administration of teaching and the arranging of timetables;
- Liaises with other professional and commercial organisations to review course content.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||2989|
|Sport & recreation||2188|
|Services to buildings||1946|
|Arts & entertainment||1026|