Matthew Kolakowksi is a Curriculum Leader in Fine Art and Photography at Kensington and Chelsea College. He says "It's a job I always wanted to do. I wanted to be in charge of an Art Department... Satisfaction I get from my job is in seeing learners progress, seeing them actually at those moments they get excited about the work they produce. That's very rewarding."
Check out 11 videos about this career
DescriptionFurther education teaching professionals supervise and teach trade, technical, commercial, adult education, secondary and post-secondary courses to students beyond minimum school leaving age.
QualificationsFurther education lecturers normally require a professional or academic qualification in the subject area they intend to teach, relevant professional, industrial or business experience and an appropriate teaching qualification.
- Prepares, delivers and directs lectures, seminars and tutorials;
- Prepares, administers and marks examinations, essays and other assignments;
- Arranges instructional visits and periods of employment experience for students;
- Assists with the administration of teaching and the arranging of timetables;
- Liaises with other professional and commercial organisations to review course content.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||2989|
|Sport & recreation||2188|
|Services to buildings||1946|
|Arts & entertainment||1026|