Scott D is an Assistant Construction Manager at Bovis Lend Lease. He's been a market trader and a black cab driver, but of all his jobs he realised he liked construction the best, so he went to university and did a degree in construction management.
More information about Construction and building trades supervisors
Check out 3 videos about this career
DescriptionConstruction and building trades supervisors oversee operations and directly supervise and coordinate the activities of workers in construction and building trades.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic entry requirements, though GCSEs/S grades are advantageous. Entry is typically through an apprenticeship or traineeship approved by ConstructionSkills leading to an NVQ/SVQ at Level 3, in addition to significant relevant work experience.
- Directly supervises and coordinates the activities of construction and building workers and/or subcontractors;
- Establishes and monitors work schedules to meet productivity requirements;
- Liaises with managers and contractors to resolve operational problems;
- Determines or recommends staffing and other needs to meet productivity requirements;
- Reports as required to managerial staff on work-related matters.
for this job
|Land transport, etc||2998|
- Curriculum Subject
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Working lifestyle
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Job location
- Enterprise types