Kensington and Chelsea College
Denise C works with the Kensington and Chelsea College as a NVQ Assessor, “travelling around and assessing people at their place of work”. She was into fashion from a young age and never saw herself in the job she has today. She says, “I like fun, I like to laugh. I think laughing is a remedy… to keep you young”.
More information about Education advisers and school inspectors
The UK average salary is £28,758
There are 37.5 hours in the average working week
The UK workforce is 47% female and 53% male
- Advises on all aspects of education and ensures that all statutory educational requirements are being met;
- Plans and advises on the provision of special schools for children with physical or learning disabilities;
- Appoints and controls teaching staff;
- Verifies that school buildings are adequately maintained;
- Arranges for the provision of school medical and meals services;
- Observes teaching, assesses learning level and discusses any apparent faults with teachers, heads of department and head teachers;
- Prepares reports on schools concerning teaching standards, educational standards being achieved, the spiritual, moral and social development of pupils, resource management etc.
From personal careers advice to finding work, see our round-up of
useful websites to help you on your way