Games Labs QA
Sally R is a QA tester for Jagex, "I test the games to ensure that they are ready for release and also post release, if any issues have come up, I track them down and help the developer to sort them out. I love my job, I get to be a big kid!". She left school at 17 but went back and got A levels and a degree, "people who didn't think very much of me because of the lack of qualifications... I can absolutely prove them wrong now".
More information about Information technology and telecommunications professionals n.e.c.
Check out 3 videos about this career
The UK average salary is £28,758
There are 37.5 hours in the average working week
The UK workforce is 47% female and 53% male
DescriptionJob holders in this unit group perform a variety of tasks not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 213: Information Technology and Telecommunication Professionals.
QualificationsEntrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification, although entry with other academic qualifications and/or significant relevant experience is possible. There is a variety of relevant vocational, professional and postgraduate qualifications available.
- Undertakes the testing of software, systems or computer games for errors, identifies source of problems and proposes solutions;
- Develops, implements and documents test plans for IT software, systems and computer games;
- Develops quality standards and validation techniques;
- Makes recommendations concerning software/system quality;
- Examines IT system for potential threats to its security and integrity and draws up plans for disaster recovery if security is compromised;
- Deals with and reports on breaches in security.