Solutions Architect, Start-ups
Amazon Web Services
“I just tried the best option that I had in front of me at the time. If it didn’t work out, then I just tried again.”
Mirabella enjoys dealing with people. She grew up in Romania, studied languages at university and then joined a graduate scheme with an accounting firm. Deciding to follow her interest in technology, Mirabella then attended evening classes to qualify as a software engineer. She now works as a solutions architect, helping customers to solve their business problems using technology.
To watch with captions: press ‘Play’ and then select the ‘Subtitles/closed captions’ icon at the bottom right of the YouTube player.
More information about IT business analysts, architects and systems designers
The UK average salary is £28,758
There are 37.5 hours in the average working week
The UK workforce is 47% female and 53% male
- Liaises with internal/external clients in order to analyse business procedure, clarify clients’ requirements and to define the scope of existing software, hardware and network provision;
- Undertakes feasibility studies for major IT developments incorporating costs and benefits, and presents proposals to clients;
- Communicates the impact of emerging technologies to clients and advises upon the potential introduction of such technology;
- Provides advice and assistance in the procurement, provision, delivery, installation, maintenance and use of IT systems and their environments;
- Examines existing business models and flows of data and designs functional specifications and test plans for new systems in order to meet clients’ needs;
- Researches, analyses, evaluates and monitors network infrastructure and performance;
- Works closely with clients to implement new systems.
From personal careers advice to finding work, see our round-up of
useful websites to help you on your way