Bank of America
“I think if you’re passionate about what you do it’s very easy to be motivated.” Selina loved art at school and originally wanted to be a fashion designer. She also enjoyed maths and so decided to study computer programming at university. In need of a summer job, she applied for internships which opened the door to her career at an investment bank.
More information about IT business analysts, architects and systems designers
The UK average salary is £29,813
There are 37.5 hours in the average working week
The UK workforce is 47% female and 53% male
- Liaises with internal/external clients in order to analyse business procedure, clarify clients’ requirements and to define the scope of existing software, hardware and network provision;
- Undertakes feasibility studies for major IT developments incorporating costs and benefits, and presents proposals to clients;
- Communicates the impact of emerging technologies to clients and advises upon the potential introduction of such technology;
- Provides advice and assistance in the procurement, provision, delivery, installation, maintenance and use of IT systems and their environments;
- Examines existing business models and flows of data and designs functional specifications and test plans for new systems in order to meet clients’ needs;
- Researches, analyses, evaluates and monitors network infrastructure and performance;
- Works closely with clients to implement new systems.
From personal careers advice to finding work, see our round-up of
useful websites to help you on your way