Anthony H is the design project manager for Ulster Carpets in Northern Ireland. He has always had a passion for art and after finishing A levels Anthony did a degree in textile design. During his university studies he did a year long work placement with a carpet company, and found that this experience gave him the edge over other graduates when he left university to find a job.
More information about Business and financial project management professionals
Check out 17 videos about this career
DescriptionJob holders in this unit group manage and oversee major projects across all sectors of modern industry, commerce and the public sector, in areas such as e-commerce, business analysis, finance, product development, marketing, human resources.
QualificationsEntry may be via a degree or postgraduate qualification in project management or a subject relevant to the particular sector or via significant relevant work experience in that sector.
- Finds out what the client or company wants to achieve;
- Agrees timescales, costs and resources needed;
- Draws up a detailed plan for how to achieve each stage of the project;
- Selects and leads a project team;
- Negotiates with contractors and suppliers for materials and services;
- Ensures that each stage of the project is progressing on time, on budget and to the right quality standards;
- Reports regularly on progress to the client or to senior managers.
for this job
|Head offices, etc||35572|
|Computer programming, etc||16516|
|Architectural & related||14437|
|Public admin. & defence||7082|
- Curriculum Subject
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Working lifestyle
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Job location
- East of England
- Northern Ireland
- Enterprise types