Magna A is a Manager in the Fund Accounting at Fidelity. She works in what is called the "back office" - the bit that does the operational work - sorting everything out. She did not go to university - but studied accountancy - which was paid by her employers.
More information about Finance and investment analysts and advisers
Check out 5 videos about this career
DescriptionJob holders in this unit group advise customers, who may be individuals, companies or specialist groups, on the purchase of investments, insurance, mortgages, pensions and other financial services and products.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic requirements although entrants usually possess GCSEs/S grades and a degree in a relevant subject is sometimes required. Training may be undertaken in-house or entrants may attend courses run by professional institutions. Registration with a regulatory authority is required in some positions.
- Predicts the likely long- and short-term future performance of securities and other financial products and advises upon what will be an appropriate investment for their clients;
- Analyses the financial position of clients, taking into account outgoings, dependants and commitments;
- Advises on the relative merits of pension schemes, insurance policies and mortgages that best meet the needs of clients given their personal circumstances;
- Monitors information on the socio-economic environment and interprets the implications of such information for their clients;
- Prepares summary reports of findings for fund managers;
- Keeps up to date with financial products, legislation and requirements for compliance with the relevant regulatory authority;
- Identifies and attracts new clients by arranging visits and explaining the benefits of financial products.
for this job
|Head offices, etc||39277|
|Public admin. & defence||9175|
|Legal & accounting||8385|
|Insurance & pensions||3890|
|Architectural & related||3091|