Managing Director, Global Banking & Markets
Bank of America
“I knew what I liked but I had no idea what I wanted to do.” Yvonne studied maths, economics and chemistry at A-level, then went on to an economics degree. After university, she wasn’t sure about which direction to take but soon found her feet in investment banking.
More information about Financial institution managers and directors
The UK average salary is £28,758
There are 37.5 hours in the average working week
The UK workforce is 47% female and 53% male
- Plans, organises, directs and co-ordinates the activities of financial institutions;
- Verifies that accounting, recording and information storage and retrieval procedures are adhered to;
- Authorises loans and mortgages in accordance with bank or building society policy;
- Promotes financial services, establishes contact with the local business community and professional firms;
- Preparing general reports and briefs on more complex cases for senior management;
- Ensures compliance with the statutory regulatory framework.
From personal careers advice to finding work, see our round-up of
useful websites to help you on your way